by Jessica Silver, L.Ac.
The onset of a headache is a sign that your body is out of balance, and needs your attention. The faster the headache is relieved, the faster you can get back to your normal quality of life.
Useful Tips on How to Manage and Prevent Headaches:
- Catch it early. As soon as the headache starts, start taking control before it gets worse.
- Take a 10 minute break from what you're doing and rest in a quiet, comfortable, dark room.
- Breathe deeply and relax. Gently rub out the tension in your shoulders, neck and temples.
- Get Acupuncture, massage and take Chinese herbs help get rid of an acute headache.
If chronic headaches are a problem for you, consider getting drug-free treatment at Aiyana Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. Many headache sufferers have found permanent relief with Chinese Medicine.
- Keep stress levels as low as possible, and avoid situations that trigger extra tension.
- Do not skip meals, and do your best to get good sleep each night.
- Consider the amount of caffeine in your body; sometimes headaches are withdrawal from caffeine when the body is addicted.
- Maintain good posture throughout the day to allow for adequate circulation between your head and body.
- Acupuncture, massage, and Chinese herbs help prevent headaches.
Try Acupuncture. It Works!
Juliette Aiyana, L.Ac.
Aiyana Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs
41 Union Square West, Suite 519
New York, NY 10003
A letter from one of our patients to her OBGYN:
"I am writing to let you know that I have been receiving TCM treatment (acupuncture and Chinese herbs) for the abnormal uterine bleeding for which you examined me back in May. As you know from our last conversation, as soon as I stopped the progesterone, the bleeding resumed. I quickly did some research to find a TCM doctor, as I was extremely uncomfortable with the recommended treatment to go on the [birth control] pill.
I began treatment with Juliette Aiyana, L.Ac. of the Aiyana Center for Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. Her herbal and acupuncture treatments stopped the abnormal bleeding as well as restored my period to a five day, light, clot free flow. I am thrilled with the healing process I am experiencing.
If you have other patients like me who prefer holistic, natural medicine or treatment, she is happy to receive referrals from your office. Juliette is a compassionate, enthusiastic practitioner of TCM. She also commits a considerate amount of time at every office visit educating her patients about their condition and treatment."